A delicious, easy to make zucchini bread that packs in the flavour and will get a thumbs up for snacks and school lunches*. Packed with 3 cups of zucchini and tons of nuts and raisins, this one is surely a winner. (*Be sure to omit nuts if you plan on packing this in your child’s lunch.)
- 3 ¼ cups all purpose or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar or coconut sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 ½ cups chopped walnuts or pecans, or a mixture of both
- ¾ cup raisins or currants
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and sprinkle with flour, two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. Using a whisk, gently incorporate all of the ingredients together.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with an electric mixer until completely broken down and fluffy. Then add the oil and continue to mix until fully incorporated. Next, add the sugar and vanilla extract and continue to mix on low.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, while mixing on low.
- Add the grated zucchini, nuts (if using) and raisins/currants, and mix together with a wooden spoon, until everything has been fully incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pans. They should be ¾ way full.
- Bake for approx. 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for approx. 30 minutes and then remove onto a cooling rack until fully cooled.
- Serve with butter, almond butter or jam for a perfect snack!
For more recipes from the Sneaky Mommies, click here.
Nic & Nat are the Sneaky Mommies. They develop, test and share their favourite family friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy.