Craving comfort food? Yeah, me too!
There’s nothing better than a hearty, tasty dish when you’re spending some cozy time at home with your family. ❤️
- 1 lb pasta of your choice (spaghetti or angel hair)
- 6 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 10 mushrooms, cut in half
- 2 cups fresh mini tomatoes
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cook pasta according to instructions in a large pot with salted water, until al dente and set aside. Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- In a large non-stick skillet, over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until crispy. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the bacon onto a plate with a paper towel. Leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- To the same pan add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, the onion, garlic and mushrooms, and cook until the mushrooms are cooked through (5-6 minutes), the onion and garlic are soft and fragrant. Season with salt and pepper (1 teaspoon each).
- Add the whole tomatoes and spinach to the skillet and continue to cook over medium heat. The spinach is to be wilted and the tomatoes blistery and softened. Then add the heavy cream, the bacon back into the pan, parmesan and 1⁄2 cup reserved pasta water. Simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta until fully coated in the sauce. If you want a looser sauce add the remaining 1⁄2 cup of reserved pasta water back in.
- Serve right away and garnish with fresh basil.
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.