These Triple Berry Muffins are a winner with active kids – and they’re the perfect hand-held snack on the go!
- 2 ½ cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- ½ cup oil (vegetable, canola)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¾ cup milk
- 3 cups frozen berries (I prefer a mix of blackberry, strawberry and blueberry)
- ½ cup chocolate chips (dark or milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin tin with liners.
- In a medium bowl add the flour, baking powder and brown sugar and mix to combine.
- In a large bowl add the maple syrup, egg, oil, vanilla and milk. Mix to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Add the berries and chocolate chips and mix until incorporated.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.