This is a simple pasta dish that’s packed with flavour. It’s easy and makes the perfect weeknight meal when you want something hearty, healthy and quick!
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes (in oil), julienned
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt + pepper
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pound (450 g) fettuccini pasta
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- In a large skillet heat 3 tablespoons of oil from the sundried tomatoes over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic and cherry tomatoes and salt + pepper and sauté until fragrant and the tomatoes are bursting, about 4-5 minutes. Add the tomato paste and cook for 1 minute or so, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine, sundried tomatoes and simmer until liquid reduces by about half. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and toss to coat. If required add some of the reserved pasta water. Divide into bowls and sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese, chopped fresh basil and red pepper flakes if desired.
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.