This spelt flour lemon poppy seed bread is chock full of wholesome ingredients and makes a great breakfast loaf, snack or even dessert. It’s a versatile recipe that you and your family will love!
- 3 1/2 cups spelt flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 cup raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup poppy seeds
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 3 lemons, juiced
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup water
- Grease a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with coconut oil or butter and set aside; preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add your dry ingredients – spelt flour, almond flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, poppy seeds – and lemon zest into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice with almond milk. It should fizz a bit. Allow to sit for a minute or two. Add to the dry ingredients and allow to sit for a minute or two.
- Add the canola oil, vanilla and water to the dry ingredients. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle more raw sugar on top, if desired.
- Bake for 60 minutes and allow to cool completely before cutting.
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.