We love this recipe because super tasty, easy and it’s a hit with everyone in the family. It’s the perfect fit-in-your-hand comfort food!
- ½ cup neutral oil (vegetable or canola)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 5-6 pound pork shoulder, boneless
- Optional: barbeque sauce for serving, coleslaw, potato bun
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic powder, onion, Worcestershire sauce together in a large bowl. Add the pork shoulder and marinade overnight.
- Pour the contents into an insert of a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 10 hours, until the pork is fork tender. Remove from the insert, skim any fat and discard. Shred the meat with two forks and return back to the sauce. Warm on low in the slow cooker and then serve on a potato bun with additional BBQ sauce and coleslaw.
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.