We’ve combined the flavours of a childhood favourite (PB & J) with hearty, wholesome oats and added some chia and hemp to bump up the protein, essential fatty acids and calcium! The easiest – and yummiest – overnight oats you’ll try!
(For a nut-free version, use Wow Butter or a similar nut butter alternative.)
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter, plus more for topping
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 2 tablespoons jam of your choice, plus more for topping
- Add the coconut milk, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, oats, hemp hearts and chia seeds to a bowl. Using a whisk mix well so that everything is well incorporated.
- Scoop half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of a glass jar (we used Bernardin jars), but a bowl or Tupperware container will work too. Layer the jam and more peanut butter. Then top with the remaining oat mixture.
- Let sit in the fridge overnight. Serve overnight oats topped with more peanut butter and jam. Enjoy!
For more recipes from the Sneaky Mommies, click here.
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.