With the start of the new school year comes the responsibility of making lunches every day for your kids. (Or, if they’re old enough, lucky you – they can make their own!) It can sometimes be challenging to come up with delicious, wholesome snacks that are suitable for school (i.e. peanut-free), so we have created an easy, quick and delicious recipe that even young kids could make… or at least help with!
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- In the bowl of a food processor, add all of the ingredients and process until everything is fully incorporated.
- Using your hands, form small balls and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Yield: Makes approximately 10 balls
Happy back-to-school season – we hope these simple snacks will make you feel good about what you’re feeding your kids AND save you time!
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.