These veggie-packed egg bites are perfect for breakfast on the go or for lunches. Packed with peppers, mushrooms, smoky bacon and red onion, they are a flavour bite explosion.
- 1 red pepper, chopped finely
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped finely
- 4-5 bacon strips, finely chopped bacon
- 5-6 mushrooms, chopped finely
- ¾ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 9 eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a regular sized muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet and begin to fry your bacon. Once the bacon is starting to become a bit crispy, add the red onion and mix to combine. Once the bacon and onion are thoroughly cooked through and crispy to your liking place, transfer to a clean bowl and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of butter to the leftover bacon fat on the skillet, along with the pepper and mushrooms. Cook until fully cooked through and the liquid has evaporated. Transfer to the same bowl as your bacon and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together your eggs, add the cooked bacon, mushroom and pepper mixture, along with your grated cheese and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a ladle, fill your muffin tins with the egg mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until set.
For more recipes from the Sneaky Mommies, click here.
Nic & Nat are the Sneaky Mommies. They develop, test and share their favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy.