There’s something so comforting about delicious homemade soup on a chilly day, so we created this recipe for white bean & kale soup. It’s the perfect easy, hearty (and healthy) meal to warm up the whole family! Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 cups cooked white beans, divided
- 1 medium carrot, diced small
- 1 celery, diced small
- 1 onion, diced small
- 5 – 6 leaves kale, chopped finely in ribbons
- 1 ½ tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 fresh sage leaves
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- Fresh ground pepper, for taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Baked crispy chickpeas (optional)
- In a medium-large soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic and stir. Sautee the vegetables until softened and starting to become translucent (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add about half of the cooked beans and half of the stock. Puree the rest of the beans and stock in a blender along with the tomato paste, sage and rosemary. Stir the pureed beans into the soup. Add the salt and pepper.
- Mix the kale into the soup and cook until it has wilted (10-12 minutes). Add the lemon juice and some filtered water, if necessary, to make the soup the consistency you like. For a thicker soup, leave as is.
- Serve with crispy baked chickpeas and parmesan cheese (optional).
For more recipes from the Sneaky Mommies, click here.
Nic & Nat are the Sneaky Mommies. They develop, test and share their favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy.