- 6 slices of bacon
- 5 thin chicken cutlets
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil
- zest from one small lemon
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 tsp. garlic seasoning
- 1.5 tsp. dried oregano
- 8 oz. (225 grams) sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halves
- 3 large minced garlic gloves
- 2.5 oz. (70 grams) baby spinach, large stems removed
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 13 oz. (375 grams) penne pasta
1. In a large bowl mix 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, the lemon zest, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, garlic seasoning, and 1/2 tsp dried oregano.
2. Add the chicken to the bowl and mix together. Cover and set in the fridge for half hour to marinate.
3. Preheat BBQ to medium high heat. Cook chicken about 3-4 minutes per side, turning once.
4. In a large deep pan, fry bacon strips until desired crispiness. Remove from pan and set aside on paper towel on a plate. Reserve 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
5. Meanwhile bring a large put of salted water to a boil and cook as directed on package.
6. In the same pan, heat bacon fat along with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
7. Lower heat to medium and add mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook stirring often about 5-6 minutes until mushrooms are soft.
8. Add the minced garlic and tomatoes and continue cooking for about 3 minutes.
9. Add the spinach and cook just until wilted.
10. Add the whipping cream, chicken stock, 1 cup of the parmesan cheese, the 6 bacon strips crumbled in small pieces, 1 tsp of the oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer an additional 2-3 minutes until cheese is fully melted.
11. Cut chicken in strips.
12. Top pasta with sauce, chicken, and more parmesan.
For more recipes from the Sneaky Mommies, click here.
Nic & Nat are the Sneaky Mommies. They develop, test and share their favourite family friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy.