Sometimes, you just want to enjoy a decadent pasta dish… (and this is it)!
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 chopped shallot
- 8 oz of sliced assorted cremini, shiitake, and white mushrooms
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 3 thyme springs
- 9 oz mini tomatoes (or other small tomatoes, like cherry)
- ⅔ white wine
- 1¼ cup whipping cream
- 1 tbsp white truffle oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- linguine (or other pasta of your choice)
- baby arugula or arugula micro greens to top
- parmesan cheese for serving
- Melt 2 tbsp of the butter over medium-high heat in a deep pan. Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add chopped shallot and cook for about 3 minutes until soft. Add last tablespoon of butter until melted and then add mushrooms, garlic, and thyme springs. Lower temperature to medium heat and cook stirring often for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Add tomatoes and continue cooking about 4-5 minutes more. Add white wine and simmer for 5-6 minutes until it has reduced to about half.
- Remove thyme springs. Add cream, season with salt and pepper and cook for additional 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in truffle oil.
- Serve over linguine pasta. Top with arugula and fresh parmesan cheese.
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.