We love a good homemade curry recipe – especially this one for creamy corn chicken in coconut curry sauce. 😍 With the addition of yummy bacon and corn, it’s curry with a twist!
- 5 pieces of bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp table salt
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium/high heat, cook your bacon until it is almost crispy. With a slotted spoon, set the bacon aside but leave the bacon grease in the pan.
- While the bacon is frying, rub the chicken all over with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with the coriander, turmeric, pepper, cumin, and salt.
- Add the chicken to the pan and sear on both sides for 5-8 min each, until golden. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the pan; once hot, add the onion and garlic and cook until fragrant. Add the butter, corn and red pepper flakes (optional). Cook for 5-6 minutes until the corn is golden.
- Return the chicken and bacon back to the pan and add 1 can of full-fat coconut milk. Simmer the chicken for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally so that the corn does not stick to the bottom.
- Remove from the pan and serve the creamy corn chicken in coconut curry sauce with rice or roasted potatoes. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
For more recipes from the Sneaky Mommies, click here.
Nic & Nat are the Sneaky Mommies. They develop, test and share their favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy.