We love any snack we can hold in our hand (because… juggling)! You’ll love this cranberry orange muffin recipe – it’s an easy sell for even the pickiest kid. Yummy and healthy!
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- ½ cup milled flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or dried cranberries, chopped
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl mix together the flour, ¾ cups of the sugar, milled flaxseed, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl mix together the egg, orange juice, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones, and fold together, just until combined. Do not over mix. Then add the cranberries – again, just until combined.
- Fill each muffin cavity about ⅔ full of batter.
- In a small bowl mix together the orange zest, hemp hearts, and last 2 tablespoons of sugar. Sprinkle this mixture evenly on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until starting to get golden on tops.
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.