We all want to eat healthier, right? I love this recipe because it makes a great snack, light on-the-go lunch, or even dessert! And the best part is that it’s chocolatey AND healthy!
- 3 cups spinach, washed & dried
- 1 large banana
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (or substitute peanut butter or any nut butter you have on hand)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 ½ cups milk (cow’s milk or any dairy-free/plant-based milk)
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed
- Toss everything into a blender. Blend on high.
If you want the smoothie to be extra thick, use less milk and substitute for a frozen banana and avocado. If you want to be able to drink it, use 1 ½ to 2 cups milk.
- Serve in a bowl and top with fruit of your choice, or drink it with a straw.
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.