There’s nothing like warm treats from the oven, so we came up with a healthy (and flourless!) version of blondies that you won’t feel the least bit guilty about making. (Your kids will love them and won’t have a clue they’re eating chickpeas! 😉)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 can (19 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line an 8″ x 8″ pan with parchment paper or spray with cooking oil.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the rolled oats and process until the oats have been broken up and are smaller flakes.
- Add the chickpeas, peanut butter, banana, vanilla, maple syrup, baking powder, baking soda and process along with the oats until everything is fully incorporated. Take the blade out and stir in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes until fully cooked through and when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Depending on your oven, this may take a few minutes longer.
- Once cooled, serve with melted drizzled chocolate and peanut butter. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Makes approx: 8″ x 8″ pan, 9 large blondies
For more recipes from the Sneaky Mommies, click here.
Nic & Nat are the Sneaky Mommies. They develop, test and share their favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy.