These crispy roasted chickpeas are packed full of fiber and protein. The addition of nutritional yeast boasts that “cheesy” flavour, along with substantive health benefits like being jam packed with folic acid, vitamin B-12 and 15 different minerals and 18 amino acids.
- 1 can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut oil (melted), or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once you have rinsed your chickpeas, dry them with a paper towel by gently rubbing them. Transfer them to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine all of your spices and ensure they are mixed well.
- Sprinkle your spice mixture and oil on top of the chickpeas and mix until everything is evenly coated. If you find that the chickpeas look a bit dry, add a bit more oil. This will ensure that they come out nice and crispy.
- Pour the chickpeas on your prepared baking sheet and bake for approximately 15-18 minutes. Baking times will vary depending on your oven.
- Enjoy the chickpeas immediately, as they tend to go a bit chewy if stored overnight.
Nic & Nat are the Sneaky Mommies. They develop, test and share their favourite family friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy.