What’s better than delicious, hearty soup to warm you on a chilly day? This recipe for cheese tortellini soup with spinach and tomato is a tried-and-true favourite that we think you’ll like!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 1/4 cup canned diced tomatoes (I try to use up all the liquid and use less of the chunky tomatoes to make up the 2 1/4 cup)
- 6 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 350 grams fresh cheese tortellini
- 142 grams baby spinach, stems removed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a large soup pot heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until soft about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and continue sauté for another 30 seconds to a minute, until fragrant, but not burning.
- Add the tomatoes, vegetable stock, oregano, and sugar and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the tortellini and spinach and cook until noodles are soft (about 4-5 minutes) and spinach is wilted. Garnish with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.