There’s something so comforting about homemade baked goods, fresh from the oven. These banana chocolate chip cookies are a twist on the classic that everyone loves!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, bananas, and sugars until light and fluffy, with a mixer on low speed. Add the vanilla and egg, and beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mix, and stir with a spoon just until combined. Then stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop or use a heaping tablespoon of dough for each cookie, and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until they just start to get golden on top. Let cookies cool for 5 minutes once removed from the oven before transferring to a cooling rack.
Nat develops, tests and shares her favourite family-friendly recipes that even your pickiest eater will enjoy on her website Sneaky Mommies.