As Moms, we spend a lot of time planning play dates, adventures, outings and crafts to keep our children busy. Often, by the time we get a few minutes – or, if we’re lucky, hours – to ourselves, we realize we haven’t given much thought to what we want to do.
This summer, I challenge you to carve out time for yourself – to recharge, refresh and rejuvenate – because when Mama is happy, everyone is happy!
Take advantage of the warmer weather and enjoy some of these ideas for Mom’s Bucket List…
- Enjoy brunch on a restaurant patio with friends (sans kids, of course!)
- Visit a museum; it will feel good to enjoy the exhibits instead of rushing through like you would if you brought children
- Budget-friendly tip: most museums offer discounted days/times each week, so be sure to check
- Book a coffee date for some alone time every week or two
- Budget-friendly tip: swap babysitting duty (or set up playdates) on alternating weeks with another parent
- Pamper yourself with a manicure or pedicure
- Treat yourself to a fun frozen drink; nothing refreshes better on a hot summer day, so find a recipe that appeals to you and take a few moments to enjoy it (naptime, maybe?)
- Start a new project; whether you are an avid crafter, enjoy painting or love to knit, find a project that interests you and dedicate time each week to work on it.
- Try something new; as the saying goes, never put off for tomorrow what you can do today! Get really creative and think outside the box…
- For an extremely budget-friendly night, get together with girlfriends at a local Supperworks for an evening of meal assembly. It’s not glamourous, but an essential task is much more fun when done with friends (and maybe even a glass of wine!).
Hopefully these ideas will jump-start your creativity. Think back to what you used to love doing before you became a Mom, or things you’ve always wanted to try — and just GO FOR IT!
I’d love to be inspired by what’s on your list, so please connect with us on social media – comment on our Facebook wall, pin your list on Pinterest or tweet us! (Please be sure to tag @fabfrugalmama, too!).
Wishing you an adventure-filled summer!
Lisa is a writer, social media consultant and small business owner. She’s a crafty, DIY-loving, fashionista who loves to unwind with a good manicure and an afternoon spent at a museum. Her husband, two kids and dog keep her pretty busy, but in her spare time, you can find her blogging at Fab Frugal Mama.