These days – especially at this busy time of year – many of us are over-scheduled, over-worked and in over our heads! If you’re like me, you often have a hard time saying “no” because there are so many worthy causes and opportunities to lend a hand.
But if there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that I need to take time for myself and slow down sometimes. In this harried and fast-paced society, it’s nice to take a moment and just relax, which is probably why “mindful colouring” has become so popular recently.
While surfing the internet, I found lots of beautiful adult colouring pages (many of them free!) to help while away stress.
So, I decided to round up some of my favourites to keep *you* stress-free throughout the holidays, too!
- Thaneeya McArdle’s site, Art Is Fun, is full of beautiful adult colouring resources, some of which are free. You’ll also find links to her hardbound and e-published works, which can be purchased for $10 or less.
Image: Thaneeya McArdle / Art-is-fun.com
- Red Ted Art is one of my favourite activity sites, so it’s no wonder they have a large selection of free colouring pages. Check out their beautiful owl and mindful flowers designs.
Image: Red Ted Art
- If you’re a fan of inspiring quotes, then you’ll want to check out Dawn Nicole Designs. I especially love Dawn’s “Dream It, Do It” colouring page, shown below, and the kindness quote printable (by guest blogger Jen from Fresh Crush).
Image: Dawn Nicole Designs
- Since it’s the holiday season, you might like these lovely Christmas-themed colouring pages by Tasha Goddard on Mum In The Madhouse.
Images: Tasha Goddard for Mum In The House
- If you’re looking for sophisticated colouring pages in many different themes, check out Coloriages difficiles pour adultes. This French website has so many categories to choose from – what an amazing resource! I was drawn to this beautiful deer (see below).
Image: Coloriages difficiles pour adultes
- I have always loved the ogee shape, so I created this ogee colouring page just for you! While not as intricate as many mindful colouring designs, I love its simple, modern look. Enjoy!
If you find a colouring page you really love, consider framing it and giving it as a present to a special friend or loved one. There’s nothing like a hand-made gift to reflect the true meaning of the season.