What do you need?
- Frying Pan or Griddle
- Medium-sized Bowl
- Measuring Cup
- Any Pancake Mix
- Pancake or Maple Syrup
- Butter or Margarine
Let’s Start Cooking!
1. Pour 1 cup of the pancake mix into the bowl and remember there are different mixes; some of the pancake mixes are require of having eggs and milk added or water added. I am using the add egg and milk mix. Add 1 large egg and 1 cup of milk into the mix. For the “add water mix”, add 1 cup of water into the mix. Use a whisk to mix all the ingredients together until there are no lumps in the batter. Make sure the batter is not too watery and not too thick. This serving makes 7-10 pancakes.
2. Heat the frying pan or griddle to medium, and add a teaspoon of butter or margarine in the pan. Butter or Margarine helps the pancakes not to stick into the pan when you flip it. When the batter is ready, carefully pour 2 spoonfuls of the mix into the pan or griddle. Make sure you try to make as perfect of circle as you can, which makes Mickey Mouse’s head.
3. Wait for 5-10 seconds after creating Mickey Mouse’s head to pour half a spoon of the mix into each side of the circle (make sure its connecting to the head) to make the ears of Mickey Mouse. Flip the pancakes with the spatula when it starts to bubble and the edges are golden brown.
4. When the pancake is flipped, draw the face for your Mickey Mouse with the pancake batter using a spoon. When the second side of the pancake is golden, flip it one last time carefully.
5. Leave the pancake for 10 seconds more to cook the face. Then carefully take it out of the pan onto a plate. BON APPETIT!
Do not worry if your Mickey Mouse Pancake doesn’t look perfect. Remember to practice because practice makes it perfect.
A Beautiful Plate
You can now decorate your plate using fruits, syrup, or powder sugar.
Enjoy your Mickey Mouse Pancakes with the family!